The Ohio Attorney General’s Bureau of Criminal Investigation and Marion County Sheriff’s Office are seeking assistance to help identify skeletal remains that were found on July 19, 1989. The male remains were located in Flat Rock Run Creek behind a residence on Harding Highway East. The decedent is believed to be that of a Caucasian male between 22 and 35 years old. He was estimated to be between 5’9” and 5’10” tall, approximately 140 pounds, and had dark brown to black colored hair. It is noted the decedent had a slight beard, but unsure as to how his facial hair was kept.
The image shown is a facial reconstruction completed by an Ohio BCI forensic artist. Items such as hair style are the artist’s estimations to complete the image and should not be considered as significant markers for identification.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Marion County Sheriff’s Office, Detective Utley (740) 382-8244 ext. 5120
The decedent was found wearing
:• A pair of Dakota Jeans: Waist 32, Length 32 (unknown color)
• A pair of elastic waist boxer shorts (unknown brand or color)
• A pair of dark red ribbed top socks
• A pair of black Adidas Continental tennis shoes: Size 9.5
• A short sleeved black and red striped sport style shirt with a three button placket front and collar. Tag in the collar marked Club Hampton made in USA, 50% polyester, 50% cotton
• A multi-colored knitted sweater with diamond and zigzag designs
• A flannel shirt. Tag in shirt marked 100% cotton, made in Yugoslavia, fabric from Taiwan (unknown color)
The remains were located on 7/19/1989 in Flat Rock Run Creek near the Morrow and Marion County line in Ohio.