Listen Live on  
 

Majic 95.9

Marion's Hit Music
 
 

Spontaneous Combustion Starts Local Fire

 
Posted Thursday, June 12th 2014 @ 9am

Spontaneous combustion of oily rags is believed to be the cause of a fire that did $2000 worth of damage to a home in Marion.  The fire in the 300 block of Thew Avenue was discovered around 11:25 a.m. Wednesday Morning.  

 

The rags were soaked in linseed oil under the right circumstances they can build up heat and ignite as they are decomposing. No one was injured in the fire and the fire is not believed to be suspicious

Recommended Stories

More from Majic 95.9

*