It’s safe to say that everybody has their own idea of what is considered "fun," whether it's going to amusement parks, hanging out at clubs, or enjoying outdoor activities. Well apparently, there are some cities in this country that cater to those who like to have fun more than others, and now WalletHub is naming names.
To determine the most fun cities in America site looked at 150 of the most populated cities in the U.S, judging them in three areas - Entertainment and Recreation, Nightlife and Parties and Costs.
It shouldn’t come as much of a shock but the U.S. city deemed the most fun is Las Vegas, Nevada, which is number one for nightlight and parties, and number six for entertainment and recreation, although costs do drag Sin City down a bit, where they rank 77.
Top Ten Most Fun Cities In America
- Las Vegas, NV
- Orlando, FL
- New York, NY
- Miami, FL
- Portland, OR
- Atlanta, GA
- San Francisco, CA
- New Orleans, LA
- Chicago, IL
- San Diego, CA
On the other end of the spectrum, if you're looking to live in a snoozefest, Oxnard, California ranked dead last on the fun scale, ranking 146th in entertainment and recreation, and 139th for both nightlife and parties and costs.
The Ten Least Fun Cities In America
- Oxnard, CA
- Brownsville, TX
- Fontana, CA
- Santa Rosa, CA
- Ontario, CA
- Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- Laredo, TX
- Chula Vista, CA
- Moreno Valley, CA
- Freemont, CA
Other findings from the survey:
- New York has the most restaurants per capita, while Winston-Salem, North Carolina has the least
- New York also has the most playgrounds per capita, while Hialeah, Florida has the least
- San Francisco has the most fitness centers per capita, while Newark, New Jersey has the least
- New York has the most accessible bars, while Grand Prairie, Texas has the least
- Albuquerque, New Mexico has the lowest average beer price, while New York has the highest