Doctors Warn Of Safety Concerns With Candy Being Confused With Medications

Galion Police are saying a boy who became ill after eating Halloween candy was found to have ingested methamphetamine.  Officials released the toxicology report yesterday from a boy who went trick-or-treating on Sunday night and was rushed to the hospital after becoming ill.  Police say they are not sure if the drugs were laced inside the boy's candy or on a set of plastic vampire teeth he was seen playing with before his illness.  Parents are reminded they should carefully examine all items their children receive from trick-or-treating especially anything unwrapped or non-edible like rings, bracelets, fake teeth, or toys.

 

Children of all ages will soon embark on a walk that is filled with candy in celebration of Halloween. Doctors want to remind parents to make sure they hide away their medications so children don't mistake them for pieces of candy. 

Every year, about 60,000 young children in the U.S. end up in the emergency room after accidentally getting into medicines left within their reach. Parents should either put their medications up in a high cabinet where they can’t be reached by children or lock them away. 

Source: Times Review

Paul James

Paul James

Want to know more about Paul James? Get their official bio, social pages & articles on Majic 95.9! Read more

title

Content Goes Here