There’s nothing like the “zing” of a new relationship. But, while the floating on cloud nine gives way to everyday life, you can get some of it back!
Everything worth it takes effort, and there are plenty of ways to step up your game and bring the butterflies back into your stomach. Here are tips to help you get started:
- Invite your partner on a date. “Let’s eat” doesn’t count.
- Surprise them.
- Leave them cute notes.
- Play together. Go roller blading, watch a movie you liked as a kid, play board games.
- Change your communication habits. Create a sharing practice that goes beyond “how was your day?”
- Show interest in their passions.
- Explore new things together.