Some people remain upbeat no matter what life throws at them; then there is the rest of us.
Surprisingly, if we adopt the same strategies as the eternally optimist, we can create our own sunny disposition. Here are some traits of positive people.
- Choose your words wisely. Words shape the way we think, so saying a rainy day is “refreshing” instead of “miserable” changes the whole feel.
- That little voice inside their head is ignored. You know that “self talk” that is okay some of the time but downright negative at others? Tell it to kiss off.
- Reviewing your accomplishments. So many people focus on their failures that the “yay!” moments go unnoticed. Focus on them, no matter how small.
- Waking up in pep talk mode. The first thing an optimist does when they rise is tell themselves “today is going to be great!” It may not be, but the mood is already set.
- Noticing the little things. When was the last time you marveled at a ladybug? Or appreciated your favorite chair? Sometimes it’s the little things in life that contribute to our happiness most. Pay attention to the detail.