It's said that summer bodies are made in the winter, but could the colder months actually be keeping you from shedding the pounds you need to before you slip into your skimpier clothing? Could be! Turns out it's a mixture of things that happen in the winter that keep you from keeping your weight down and energy up. Here's what's getting in your way.
- You're avoiding going outside - It's cold, and no one even wants to walk to the gym in the cold.
- You can't say no to party food - Party food = cheese and booze. Duh!
- You reach for your comfort food when you're bored - Lack of summer activities can lead to eating for fun inside.
- Your mood is on the decline because of earlier sunsets - Less sun = more time inside.
- Your sleep schedule is weird - It's easier to actually feel more tired in the winter, according to the American Academy of Sleep Medicine.
Source: Women’s Health