Yesterday, we shared a survey of how Americans go about spring cleaning, now it’s time to share hacks to make it not so mind numbing.
The brilliant minds at Bustle have put together a list of hacks to make your chores a bit more fun and enjoyable. Really! Here’s all you do:
- Make it fun! Crank up your favorite tunes, open the windows and arm yourself with a favorite drink.
- Use your cleaning style to your advantage. Think about how you like to get things done and it will be a more organized attack on those dust bunnies.
- Collect random items in a box. Get those stray shoes, extra knickknacks and items that get in the way rounded up. Save that for last.
- Knock off one area at a time. If you jump from place to place you’ll never get done.
- Make a “sell” bin. Put things that have value…just not to you… in one pile and then you’ll be able to make money off them.
- Reward yourself. When the tasks are complete, do something special for yourself. Whether it’s adding a plant to your space and buying a big old latte, you’ve earned it!