If you aren’t very touchy feely, you might want to practice. Science is now backing up how great hugging is for you.
From the time we are born we are hugged. As adults, though, we tend to shy away from “exuberant” displays of affection. Now it’s time to think of your overall health before what people may say. Here is why you should hug more:
- It helps loosen tight muscles. Chronically tense? Hug someone.
- It relieves stress. No brainer!
- It boosts your immune system. Combined with the lack of tension and stress, someone being hugged also feels emotionally supported. It all adds up.
- Hugging lowers heart problem risks. The more you hug, the lower your heart rate maintains itself. Plus you produce less of the stress hormone cortisol.
- It’s a pain reliever. You release endorphin's when hugging and that blocks pain.
- Source: Bustle