Waking up in the middle of the night is the worst. Half the time you can’t get back to sleep and then when the alarm rings, you want to pummel it with a sledgehammer.
Here’s the trick to getting back into your slumber quickly. Don’t do any of these things:
- Get out of bed. Sometimes you have to, but otherwise don’t!
- Smoke. Bad idea. It’s a stimulant which will awaken your brain.
- Turn on mobile devices or the TV. The blue light emitted from them will disrupt your body and hormones throwing off your body clock.
- Eat a snack. The body hates falling asleep on a full stomach.
- Take melatonin. Yes, it is a sleep aid, but taking it as you are trying to sleep will, again, mess up your body. It naturally produces melatonin a few hours before bedtime.
Source: Fox News