Lots of Americans will be getting their government stimulus check in the coming weeks, and for a lot of people the help can’t come soon enough.
According to a new survey:
- 69% of Americans say that they need the stimulus money to get them through the coronavirus crisis.
- 26% say they may not necessarily need it, but it will help.
- 40% of people say the check will relieve “a few” of the problems they are facing, while 10% say they will still be facing challenges.
- 18% say the money will remove all the challenges they are facing, while for 17% it will relieve most of their financial issues.
- 41% think the size of the check is “just right,” while 39% think it’s too small.
So, what do people plan to do with their stimulus check once they get it? Well, the top answer is use it for groceries (44.5%), followed by:
- Pay Bills (42.6%)
- Pay Rent/Mortgage (28.5%)
- Put Some in Savings (26.0%)
- Put All in Savings (17.6%)
- Pay Credit Card Debt (15.2%)
- Pay Off Other Debt (7.0%)
- Unsure (6.2%)
- Donate Some to Charity (4.3%)
- Splurge (4.0%)
- Pay Off Student Debt: (3.6%)
- Donate all to Charity: (2.3%)
- Post-Pandemic Vacation: (2.2%)