It would be nice to learn in a class how to deal with “adulting.” But since we don’t, it’s time to borrow what others have learned.
Stress is everywhere in adulthood. It’s a biproduct of trying to make a life for yourself and it never goes away, so you can deal with it easily with these tricks.
- Use an online to do list. And look at it!
- Schedule breaks into your calendar. You won’t take them otherwise.
- Only check email a small amount a day. Same for social media.
- Do things in batches. Errands, tasks, calls can all be done in groups.
- Track how you spend your time. Make a journal and cut out the waste.