Fact: without water, humans couldn’t exist. In the summer the precious fluid gets sucked right out of our bodies thanks to the temps and other factors.
It’s no biggie if you remember to keep your hydration in balance with these tips:
- Drink before you’re thirsty.
- Eat foods with high water content like cucumbers, strawberries, tomatoes, lettuce, or watermelon. There are more.
- Drink sports drinks. Only do this if you have a long workout or your sweat is very salty. You could reach for flavored water instead.
- Avoid caffeinated drinks. Sorry, but they act like a diuretic and actually flush water out of you.
- Hydrate before, during, and after your outside activities.