It’s hard enough being a parent without having to keep up on “rules” changes.
The biggest ones to worry about are car seat laws and best practices. An error could cost a child’s life. It turns out, according to new research, many parents are making mistakes in this department.
To help you out, here are some dos and dont’s of car seat use:
- Don’t keep heavy objects in the car cabin. They could strike your child in an accident.
- Don’t rush to have your child sit in the front seat.
- Don’t have kids wear heavy coats while strapped in.
- If you are driving a long distance, make frequent stops to check on the kids.
- Be a model driver with your kids in the car.
- Be aware of your area’s rules on booster seats.
- Know how long to make the car seat rear facing.