When you find the “one” and decide that you want to get married, there’s one big conversation you need to have.
You have to be financially compatible or your marriage could sink. Money is a top reason for divorce, after all. Here are the questions to ask each other before your wedding plans start to come together.
- What are your spending habits? If one of you is a budgeter and the other plays fast and loose, you’ll have to compromise.
- What is your attitude towards money.
- What are your financial values?
- How do you pay your bills?
- What are your financial goals?
- What kind of debt do you have and will we merge?
There is a lot to think about!