Many of us put others before ourselves. That can run us down physically, mentally, and financially. That’s where self-care comes in. It’s the practice of putting your well being front and center. Not in a selfish way, but in a survivalist way.
Before you think about focusing on you, let’s shatter some misconceptions about self-care
- Self-care is too expensive. It all depends on you. Taking a bath, a nap, or just being with friends are all free.
- It’s selfish. Look at it this way, if you don’t care of yourself, then you die. So, no, self-care isn’t selfish it is required.
- You have to meditate. Not really. If you want to, cool. Your self-care is up to you. We will say it’s good for you.
- It requires a lot of time. Ten minutes a day is all you need,
- It’s a chore. If you feel that way, just remember you deserve to be cared for.