We’re all pretty attached to our phones. How many times have you been hanging out with your friends only to realize that every single person in the room is staring at their screens?! Sometimes we spend as much as a few hours on our phones a day, and a true detox could really help us break the cycle.
The rules you can follow are simple:
- Spend less than two hours a day on your phone (that includes checking your emails and texting).
- Exit the app within ten minutes of posting.
- Delete your messaging apps.
- Limit yourself to seeing Twitter once a day.
- Only send Snapchats IF NECESSARY.
- Resist the urge to play games.
Once you’ve truly broken your iPhone checking cycle, you’ll find yourself less and less enthralled with your phone. It can even help to plug your phone in somewhere at night where you can’t reach it from your bed!