It seems science won’t let up on the message that sleep is vital for our existence. And yet, we don’t listen.
It’s mostly a FOMO thing, but we like to stay up late. What kind off effect does it have on us when we miss sleep for a month straight? Plenty.
- Your body will adjust… but only if you’re getting enough. Consistency is key.
- Sleep deprivation will creep in. You’ll feel dizzy because your body’s core balance function will be thrown off.
- You’ll get an antidepressant effect, if only briefly. IF you suffer from depression, though, it will be magnified.
- It will make you insulin sensitive. This is the positive effect.
- Your immune system takes a hit. You will be very prone to getting sick.