Some foods deemed as healthy may not really be.
Just because some healthy foods are combined doesn’t mean they are good for you. Take this anecdote about a woman who wondered why she gained weight while eating doctor suggested oatmeal. Well, she made oatmeal cookies that’s why!
Here are some foods to think twice about:
- Granola bars. Some are healthy, but the sugar in many are through the roof. Defeats the purpose, right?
- Yogurt parfaits. Sure, yogurt is great for you and so is fruit, but add the extra sugar and granola and you may as well eat a candy bar!
- Most is loaded, again, with sugar.
- Protein bars. Most contain unhealthy stuff like palm oil, vegetable oil, sugar, artificial sweeteners, artificial colors, and preservatives, Eat Greek yogurt and fruit instead.
- Fruit in canned syrup. Yes, more sugar.
Basically, if a healthy food has lots of sugar, walk away.