When we’re in our twenties, and likely still living a carefree life, a lot of us will start thinking about how are lives will be different in our thirties, but of course depending on who you are, your life goals may be different.
On average though, by 35 a lot of people’s lives will look somewhat the same. So, what do most people accomplish by the time the reach 35? Well, Business Insider looked at data and found that there are seven things people typically accomplish by 35, and if you haven’t yet, just realize you are totally not average.
The seven things most people accomplish by 35 include:
- The average 35-year-old in the U.S. is married — the most common age for women to marry is 27, while it's 29 for men.
- They will also likely have a child, with the average American woman having her first child by age 28.
- They’re a homeowner, with the median age for first-time homeowners being 32.
- A typical 35-year-old has an average salary of $49,400, earning about $950 a week.
- Most 35-year-olds have an average net worth, not including home equity, of $14,226
- A typical 35-year-old is in debt to the tune of $133,100.
- The average American has already had 11 jobs by the time they hit 35.
Source: Business Insider