The trickiest part of applying for jobs is getting your resume in order. You want it to look professional, but you also want it to stand out so that it doesn’t fall into a dusty stack in the trash can of your dream company. Here are some quick add-ons that will make your resume a little more sparkly:
- Add the URL to your LinkedIn with your contact info.
- Use the same font throughout the entire document.
- List your previous jobs so the most recent is at the top.
- Include descriptions about the companies you worked for.
- Use white space around the important points so they stand out.
- No crazy fonts or colors!
- Don’t use pronouns in your descriptions
- No images!
- No headers or footers.
- List your education at the bottom.
- Don’t include the line “references available upon request.” They know.
And for the love of good jobs, make sure you’re tailoring your resume to each industry you apply for a job in. You want to make sure you’re making yourself look like the best candidate for each individual job you apply
Source: Business Insider