Spending money with no plan in place? We totally hear you. It’s so much easier to just spend when you want to and deal with the repercussions later. But with student loan debt piling up and the rent bill sneaking up on us every month, it’s probably about time we focused on budgeting – in a stress-free way. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Visualize what you hope to do with all of the money you’ll save so you can have a goal to look forward to.
- Keep a log of what you spend and where so you can clearly see where all of your money is going.
- Pay your savings account as often as you pay your bills.
- Keep things simple so you don’t get overwhelmed by crazy spreadsheets.
- Get rid of the subscriptions and expenses you don’t really need in your life.
- Start small by picking one area of your finances to budget, and then grow from there.
- Choose the right credit card so you’re making the most of the benefits that come with it.
- Pay off your credit card debt by coughing up more than the minimum every month.
- Take care of your belongings. You never know when a missed oil change could cost you hundreds of dollars.
- Only spend money when you have actual cash on you.
And that’s only the beginning… You can check out the full list of budgeting stress-relievers HERE. And when all else fails, stop yourself from spending money on things that you know you don’t really need. Your massages and manicures can wait until the next paycheck!