We all know that most Americans aren’t getting enough sleep, and according to a new report things don’t look like they’re improving at all.
A new survey finds:
- In 2019, the average American only got five and a half hours of sleep a night, which is down from six hours and 17 minutes the year before.
- The average American suffered through 105 terrible nights of sleep in 2019, up from 99 the year prior.
- The average American would be willing to shell out $316.61 for one perfect night of sleep, which is up from $290 in 2018.
Whether your sleep is good or bad, it seems most people have rituals they have to do before calling it a night. Among the most common:
- Read a book (42%)
- Watch a specific TV show/movie (42%)
- Take a vitamin/supplement (36%)
- Take a warm bath/shower (36%)
- Drink warm milk (36%)
- Meditate (36%)
- Have sex (29%)
But there are some people who do some strange things before they go to bed, and now they’re fessing up. Those odd bedtime rituals include:
- “I play a handheld Yahtzee game.”
- “I take off only my left sock.”
- “I play online bingo.”
- “I give my cat a treat.”
- “I clean the house.”
- “I take a cold bath.”
- “I drive my car around for a half hour to 45 minutes.”
Source: SWNS Digital
Want an easy way to make your relationship stronger? It’s as simple as not forgetting to give your significant other a hug and kiss before you leave the house in the morning. It may seem small, but those few seconds could make a big difference in your relationship. "Affection keeps the juices flowing and the romance alive," says psychotherapist Tina B. Tessina, Ph.D., author of How to Be Happy Partners. (Best Life)
All the single ladies … are buying houses. Yep, according to a new report, single women made up 17% of home buyers last year – compared to just 9% of single men who are buying homes. Seems single ladies are one of the fastest-growing groups of homeowners today, and according to research by Bank of America, 73% of single women say they value home ownership over getting married and having kids, compared with 65% of men who feel that way. (Marie Claire)
You know about Dry January and Vegan-uary … but what about Janu-hairy? Janu-hairy is a growing (no pun intended) trend where women are encouraged to let their underarm hair – and even their leg hair – grow out. (She Knows)