If you want to find out how your child’s school day was asking “how was your day?” won’t help.
Instead, ask open ended questions that will get your kiddo talking. Here are some to try:
- What made you smile today?
- Did anyone help you today? How?
- What games did you play?
- Who’s your favorite friend at school? Why?
- Who was kind to you today?
- What did you do to be kind today?
- What did your teacher say to you?
- What did you learn for the first time?
- What did you read about?
- What made your frustrated today?